• December 14, 2017, 09:34:18 AM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Be sure to check out http://www.enchantedhaven.com.au and buy some incredible and rare goods!

Author Topic: Aine  (Read 1653 times)

Vicki

• Administrator
Aine
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:22:19 PM »

Aine

Also known as aine of Knockaine, because her spirit is said to live in a castle in Knockainy, Ireland.

Aine is a Irish moon goddess of love, fertility, protection, and environmental concerns. Her name means 'bright'. She is aligned with the fairies, and is often thought of as a fairy queen. There are many conflicting stories about Aines beginnings and heritage as a goddess.

She was worshiped on Midsummer Eve with rituals where people would hold torches over farm fields to ask aine for help with productivity. She protects women, especially those who respect the planets sanctity and revere mother earth and her plight. She's a strong environmentalist and also keenly involved in animal rights. She can clear away curses and negative energies.

Looking like an Erte painting from a Harper's Bazaar magazine cover, aine is a lithe goddess with a distinctive art-deco look to her long, silvery gown and pageboy hairstyle.

Helps with:

- Animal rights and healing
- Environmental concerns
- Faith and passion, increasing
- Fertility and child conception
- Healing animals, people, and relationships
- Full-moon meditations and ceremonies
- Playfulness and enjoyment of life
- Protection, especially for women

To Call Upon Aine

On the evening of a full moon, go outside near plants or a body of water and say aloud or mentally:

“Beloved Aine, I call upon you now. Please help me grow stronger, more powerful, and more filled with faith. Please ignite the passions of my soul, and help me relax enough to have fun and be playful while I fulfil my mission and responsibilities. Please guide me as to how I can best help the world's environment, and please surround me with loving people.”

- Doreen Virtue