• August 13, 2020, 10:08:15 PM
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: If you wish to join, please email your full name and email address to info at enchantedhaven.com.au (Replace the 'at' with the @ symbol). Thank you :)

Author Topic: Rebekah Beddoe - Dying For A Cure (Depression & Antidepressants)  (Read 2766 times)

Vicki

• Administrator
Rebekah Beddoe - Dying For A Cure (Depression & Antidepressants)
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »

I strongly recommend this book for anyone that thinks they may have depression, or knows someone with depression or some form of mental illness or is taking an antidepressant or antipsychotic drug.

I have suffered from depression and i did take anti depressants, under the watchful eye of the most wonderful doctor, but i was lucky. (Especially after reading this book) I do however know someone who is on so many of the drugs listed in this book who isn't as lucky and is now close to death (past any help), they took other illegal drugs and alcohol a lethal mix and they are now basically brain dead.

If you are considering taking anti depressants please keep in mind that they may make you worse. Consider strongly keeping a detailed diary of your state of mind before and during the treatment. Tell someone close to you that you've started on the medication so they can be on the lookout for any questionable changes in your behaviour because if you are adversely affected you will most likely lack the insight to pass judgement on your own actions. Remember contrary to what the drug companies and some doctors would have you believe, these drugs begin to take effect almost right away, so if any adverse effects emerge that weren't present before, SUSPECT the drug as a cause!

- Rebekah Beddoe

Dying For A Cure  -  Rebekah Beddoe
A memoir of antidepressants, misdiagnosis and madness

Well worth your time!

Love and healing,

Vicki

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:04:48 PM by Vicki »